2022 was the year of house projects. This house of ours has so much potential and it's great to see all the little improvements we've made in the last year. We also got to sneak in quite a few adventures.
It's a change of pace from not having any house projects (or shoveling) at the condo, but it's gonna be great and make us some serious money. You know we went on more vacations than any other family not on YouTube, right?
Another cottage birthday for Scott.
Gateway Lodge and Land O'Lakes sweet ice barn.
Theo turned 4!
He's really grown up this year. Kick, kick, kick is in the past.
While we didn't get to do the full ice skating trail in Warroad. I still had a fun birthday up north.
We had fun drinking beers, eating pizza and enjoying what remained of their ice trail.
Easter in Duluth. Every trip to Duluth is a blast.
Feeling like we haven't been visiting Duluth enough. Holidays (or any day) with the funcles are always the best.
After months of working indoors we focused on the outside.
So many bags of wood chips, too many invasives...
A quick trip to Itasca State Park to see the headwaters of the Mississippi River.
Work trips turned family adventures is one of our specialities.
Scott County Fair
But do they have to sell Trump crap to ruin my county fair vibes?
Our 2 week vacation to Upper Michigan and Canada.
You know the kids would've liked to stay a few more days on Mackinac Island on our honeymoon-but-with-kids-this-time.
Renaissance Festival with the Farber's.
I love that place and having the Farber's in town, but I'm still having flashbacks from the longest traffic jam we've ever experienced.
Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular with mom and dad.
It was kind of amazing.
Bus rides to the MIA.
I love city life and riding the bus to something fun is one of the best things
Our big Christmas trip around the Upper Midwest from Chicago to Lowell up the UP and back to the cottage for Northwoods NYE.
Things We Hoped to Accomplish in 2022
1. Get at least 5,000 steps a day. Like actually try. I did much better at this, this year. Though I did miss a few days here and there, but for the first 6 months of the year I was making that goal everyday.
2. Now that we have a piano I'd like to get better at playing. I pretty much only played during Christmas. Maybe when we finally get the piano tuned and repaired.
3. Go bike camping. We did! On Madeline Island.
4. I know it's cliche to have diet goals but I'd like to lose 10 pounds. I seem to be stuck at my current weight.
5. Knit myself some wool socks. Maybe this year.
6. Visit every library in Hennepin County. We did visit a lot of new libraries this year, but not all of them. We'll continue this next year.
1. Bike 500 miles. I guess I'll need to start tracking. Yeah, I don't think so. I started out good with daily bike rides to Meadow's old school. But a surgery and Meadow's new school being too close put that to rest.
2. Get the upstairs ready. Everyone gets their own room! Oh, we're getting close.
3. Be more positive. Remember how special your kids and wife are. I had my moments, trying harder, but still need to do better.
1. Be more active She thinks maybe.
2. Sew more things Didn't get to sew much but maybe this year when we'll have designated sewing area.
1. Be potty trained He did! Hallelujah.
2. Grow. He did!
3. Learn to ride a bike. He still refuses to ride his bike. Has absolutely no interest in learning.
Things We Hope to Accomplish in 2023
1. Get 10,000 steps a day at least 20 days a month.
2. Stretch daily. I have gotten really stiff in the last few years.
3. I'd still like to lose 10 pounds.
4. Visit every library in Hennepin County
5. Get back into knitting and sewing.
2. Paint the Outside of the House.
3. Buy another rental property, though I'm thinking that might a 2024 goal, tbh.
1. Make another cooking video
2. Read more Warriors books
3. Swim in the deep area without a life jacket
1. Learn to ride a bike
2. Ice skate without a trainer
3. Be brave and talk to other kids