2021 was big changes for us. I would have never guessed at the beginning of 2021 that by the end of the year we'd have a duplex. The first half was all about hiking and the second half was house projects.
Scott's Birthday at the cottage.
Always one of my favorite weekends of the year.
We rented a movie theater for Theo's birthday.
One of those nights you'll always remember. Theo had never been to a theater before. A strange high point of the pandemic years.
Stayed in an off-grid cabin in the Keewenaw Peninsula.
Hipcamp. You're amazing sometimes.
We hiked every weekend.
Not a bad way to spend the beginning of Spring.
We hiked 6.2 miles over 2 days at Beaver Creek Valley State Park.
Still one of my favorite state parks in Minnesota.
Stayed in Marquette, Michigan for a few days and hiked Sugarloaf Mountain.
This was an incredible hike. The way up is awesome, but the trail down to the secret beach is worth a detour.
Spent a couple days in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Promenade Park was worth the trip.
We spent a week at the cottage with Colin and Jen.
I'd been trying to get them up here for years and we finally were able to make it happen.
We rolled our canoe down to Lake Harriet.
Finally. Only took 4 years to paddle Harriet.
We sold our condo and a bought a duplex.
It needs some tlc, but we can't wait to watch the kids grow up in this awesome home. Hopefully we get good tenants.
Always finding waterfalls wherever we go. Wequiock Falls near Green Bay.
Got to have fun when you're in the Wisconsin for Thanksgiving.
Northwoods New Years of course.
I mean, what else would we be doing at the end of the year?
Things We Hoped to Accomplish in 2021
1. Fitness. With working from home I've started working out or going for walks before work. In the summer I'd like to swim in the mornings. Never swam before work, really wish I had.
2. Get in 5,000 steps a day. It seems like it would be easy but when it only takes 30 steps to walk from one end of our unit to the other, I don't take many steps in my normal day. I made it about 270/365 days. So about 74%. I could definitely improve.
3. Do 3 sewing projects I think the only thing I made was a camp pillow for me.
4. Knit something for myself Still need to work on that.
5. More time outside Did pretty good with this until we bought a new house.
1. Get vaccinated. It indeed happened, made life a little bit more normal.
2. Finish Zelda: Breath of the Wild Oh, yeah. Now the kids play it all the time.
3. Get my mom moved in to her new condo. From a distance. It happened, she got moved in!
4. Go camping even more We got some camping in. Always can do more.
1. Make the best dresses on Animal Crossing. Yes!
2. Read a whole chapter book by myself I don't think so
1. Poop on the toilet. He actually did like 2 days shy of the New Year
2. Play with another kid my age. Kind of a sad goal, but he did actually do this a couple times.
Things We Hope to Accomplish in 2022
1. Get at least 5,000 steps a day. Like actually try.
2. Now that we have a piano I'd like to get better at playing.
3. Go bike camping
4. I know it's cliche to have diet goals but I'd like to lose 10 pounds.
5. Knit myself some wool socks.
6. Visit every library in Hennepin County.
1. Bike 500 miles. I guess I'll need to start tracking.
2. Get the upstairs ready. Everyone gets their own room!
3. Be more positive. Remember how special your kids and wife are.
1. Be more active
2. Sew more things
1. Be potty trained
3. Learn to ride a bike